[simpits-tech] Construction dilemma...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Nov 19 18:33:21 PST 2008

I've got a bit of a problem on my hands.

The aft section of the cockpit has this nice 1" radius on the corner of a
114 degree angle.

This works great if you're going to sheet your virtual bird in some shiny
.040 aluminum, but it sucks ass if you're trying to bend 1/8" tempered
hardboard on that radius.

As my potential customer base (there has to be at least ONE of you out
there. :D ) I ask - should I:

1.  Tell you to suck it up and learn how to steam bend wood.

2.  Tell you to suck it up and sheet your bird with .040 6061.

3.  See if you'll pass out when trying to bend the wood with Anhydrous
Ammonia

4.  Include an alternate frame design that's got a sharp angle instead of
the radiused angle for those that are smart enough to avoid the ammonia
and don't have the desire to learn how to steam bend wood.

thanks all.