[simpits-tech] Finally!

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 16:59:40 PST 2008

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Gene Buckle wrote:

> >>>> I found someone crazier than I am!
> >>>> http://gizmodo.com/5074207/guy-builds-f+35-fighter-jet-on-his-own
> >>>
> >>> I'll bet you're related though....
> >>
> >> Great minds think alike. :)
> >
> > and fools seldom differ.
>
> Pot, Kettle, Black. :)

Very true!  Building pits is a painful process, especially when you're "on
the clock" but I too am helpless to resist.

The current project is killing me - it's fighting me at every step from
the basic engineering to suppliers failing to deliver - or going out of
business. Not to mention the arctic temperatures in my garage workshop and
the late hours required to even work on the damned thing. And I've got
another 2 pits to build after this one!

Just for fun, in addition to the Bristol Britannia resto project we've got
on, we've got one of the two surviving Percival Prince aircraft arriving
in a weeks time and I'm in negotiatons to secure us a B-25 too that needs
a lot (LOT^lots) of work.

I sometimes don't have time to breath, let alone scratch my ass.

Roy.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.