[simpits-tech] Another TA-4 Sim update

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Mar 11 13:59:15 PDT 2008

>> Ahh, ok.  You could just export them as DXF and then load 'em up in
>> AutoCAD.  My ShopBot would love to slice out one or two of those. :)
>
> Sadly the drawings in Corel are more... sketchy than sketch... I
> think I'll re-draw them :)
> Shotbot would be easier than the way I made them <lol>  Maybe if I
> roll back time you could make them for me and save me the heart ache?

Well crank up your way-back machine and I'll get on it. :)
Seriously though, if you're up for it I'd love to get some of those
drawings from you.  I've got some hard-won Inventor modelling skillz I've
been working with lately.  A buildable 3D model of an Escapac (A-7?) seat
would be a neat project for the Simpits gang.  It would kind of like Chris
Van Lierop's F-16 ACES II seat, but more easily built by someone with
common tools.  There's a "tile print" program out there that lets you
print out huge drawings in 8.5x11 sections made to tape together.  Pretty
handy for full size patterns if you don't have a D or E size plotter or a
neighbor with a ShopBot. :)

>> Yeah, but *my* Rob is crazier than yours.  So Neah.  Ptttht. :)
>
> Wanna bet?  Tell you what, when you come down here for a tour of the
> factory I'll introduce you, and let you decide. Ok?

Mine was hanging upside down in a cave when we first landed on the moon.
Was yours even _born_ yet? *laughs*  Mine has that whole "old age and
treachery" thing down pat.  Oh.  Hi Rob!  *runs*

>> Good catch on the Chinese helmets.  Do they make the wearer want to get
>> unconfortably close to any Lockheed Electra based airframes in the area?
>> :)
>
> Yeah, they are a great cheap helmet, but I didn't want to risk any
> "Electra" incidents, so I stuck a 75 Sqn sticker over the Red Star...
> seems to have fixed the problem ;-)

Oh sure, blind the poor helmet. Jeeze.