[simpits-tech] Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 58, Issue 18

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 20:28:51 PDT 2008

Does this mean we should stop taking our fake machine gens and grenade launchers to events for use with the Huey? We even painted over  the orange! :)  Quick, call the cops! There are fake weapons out there! :)

At the Military museum today a group was firing machine guns with blank ammo. The grenade launcher was cool,they had  explosives in the grass to simulate the grenade impact. Throw in the noise and smell of gun powder and it looked look convincingly real.

I know some one making fake AIM-9s for display with a sim.

Changing the subject, earier in the day today an 8 year old girl rode in my sim for the Flag Day parade. They pulled it with a real aircraft tug which looked nice. I was driving the truck with the Huey. Back at the museum they noticed the sim's canopy was to high to fit in the museum door just in the nick of time! He drops the canopy , pulls it on into to the museum and backs it into it's parking spot before driving the tug outside out of the way. I show up and start setting the sim up for use when I hear this liitle girls voice in the sim say, "Justin can I get out now?" The canopy was not quite shut all of the way and I can see her looking through the crack. I was shocked and asked what she was doing in there with the canopy down? The guys had forgot she was in there! :) She took it like a champ and was just thrilled that she got to be in the parade. What a day!

Justin

Gee< I guess that even having a fake weapon can get you in trouble. Guess making fake iron munitions for the sim is out huhhh...
BTW it's in Fla. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_FAKE_ROCKET_LAUNCHER_FLOL-?SITE=FLPET&SECTION=HOME

can you still fly iron bombs in xplane?

Keep "em Flying

Rob Hommel