[simpits-tech] Space Balls and thermostats

KD chevello at rcn.com
Fri Jun 13 19:38:13 PDT 2008

I'm old-school. One hand for the keyboard, one for the mouse. While the
mouse is moving I can be typing a command alias.  Some of the other guys
have spaceballs, but all it seems to be able to do for them is change
views rapidly. I tend to work from one view, and change when I create a
new part. It can go pretty fast once you get in the zone. May the
Schwartz be with you!

We get Inventor 2009 in two weeks. I hope it is good again. 2008 sucks
compared to INV11.

Many years ago, a guy I worked with in SO Cal had his AC unit on a
special setup with teh electric company where they could shut it off
when they "needed" to. He got a special rate on electricity used on that
circuit and it had its own meter. If it starts to look like they are
going to go whole hog with the remote thermostat deal, I would probably
run out and buy several manual thermostats. I don't know how they would
police the thing though. Who is to say you couldn't place a table lamp
next to the stat so it thinks the temp is higher than it is? Need a
little extra AC? *click* Of course, once the stat says it is 140F in
your house, they might just send the fire department :)