[simpits-tech] Cockpit demensions

Freeman P. Pascal IV pascal at pascal.org
Sat Jun 7 19:07:21 PDT 2008

Rick Davis wrote:
> I am trying to find the demensions of a Cessna 172 panel. Both right and
> left sides including the radio stack would be nice. I don't have CAD or any
> of that, but I got a ruler and a big sheet of paper and a bucnh of roundy
> shaped thigs I can use.
>
> This is about as close as I have come, although ... no measurements.
>
> http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/172proj.htm
>
> Is there some place I can get the demensions for a panel so I can cut one
> out of plywood? Just a picture even with the demensions on it.
>
> Rick

Rick,

Gene has my drawings, and hopefully he will be able generate some
plywood proofs from them on the shopbot.  I don't want to speak for him,
but you might want to ask very nicely and throw in a virtual case of beer.

If you want my drawings, I'm willing to pass them on.  TurboCAD is a
decent deal at $129 for TurboCAD Deluxe.  I have used it for several
projects and the upgrade costs are not too bad at $49 for each new
release.  I tend to skip releases and upgrade every other release.

-Freeman