[simpits-tech] Why do people feel compelled to fix what isn't broken?

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Jun 4 08:51:57 PDT 2008

> Just venting. Here at work we've "upgraded" to the newest version of
> Office. Not that the previous version didn't work just dandy. Now
> Outlook gives me all kinds of fits and rarely works properly. I'm trying
> to start a new email and it says that it can't because a Dialog Box is
> open. Not that I see... So I try and close the program. Nope, not gonna
> let me.

hehehe.

Remember, the answer isn't Microsoft.  The *question* is Microsoft and the
answer is NO! :)

Their latest incarnation of Exchange (2007) requires *3* servers to do the
job of one mail & calendar server.  How's THAT for progress, eh?

Try Lotus Symphony - it's now free:
http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa

..and if you're a Linux user, Evolution has an Exchange connector:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/