[simpits-tech] General ino and a Question for GeneB

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 06:00:40 PDT 2008

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Gene Buckle wrote:

For the last few years I've had the front 12 feet of a jet fighter parked
on my driveway. I'm absolutely *amazed* it hasn't caused me any grief.

Interestingly, it was away at a show last summer for about a week and
neighbours kept asking me where it had gone. They all, without exception,
wanted it back. I guess it's become a local landmark.

> > Last week a council ranger knocked on my door and asked why I had a 32 foot
> > enclosed trailer parked on my front lawn. (within my boundaries)
> >
> What's a "council ranger"?
>
> > I replied " Its easier than reversing into my driveway". locked the front
> > door and went to work.
> >
> *snicker*
>
> > 15 mins later police knock at the door and ask "what's the trailer for",  my
> > response "to hook up to the back of my car and tow behind me to easily
> > transport goods."
> >
> *snickers*
>
> > Any how the police finally finished giving me a ear full and left.
> >

> Heheh.  I don't know about Oz, but depending on how nice/annoying they
> were, I would've told 'em that I'd be more than happy to show them the
> contents of the trailer when they return with a warrant. :)  I must be
> starting that downward slide into "get off my damn lawn!" land. *sigh* :)
>
> g.
>

> --
> Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
> http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.