[simpits-tech] Momentary Toggle switches

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 3 13:38:46 PDT 2008

Gene,

I was looking at a post on the site awhile back about tearing apart toggle
switches (so they would still work like a real switch, but could be used for
a single keystroke (using a keyboard card))

Weak eyes and big mitts make that a challenging proposition for me. Has
something different developed since then?

I was thinking (rare function for me) that you could wire a small 5 volt
relay to a regular toggle switch. When you close the switch, it would
discharge a voltage from a very small capaitor to the relay. One which would
hold only enough juice to click it once and all over. Then when you turn the
switch off (being SPDT) it would connect the capacitor to a supply voltage
to charge it up for the next run. I guess you'd have to have a seperate cap
for each position, but they are pennies a jar.

Any of this make any sense or can I just buy something like that at Radio
Shack?

Rick