[simpits-tech] CIM programming to FSUIPC Offsets?

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jul 22 20:01:41 PDT 2008

> Yep that's what I was thinking, in your 8 bit example 255 = 5vdc out
> and 0 = 0vdc out
>
> I think they are 10 bit

I don't know.  I was going from a quick glance at the BI API for analog
outputs.

>> So your scale command would be some thing like this
>>
>> NeedlePos = CIM:Scale(0,500,0,255,Airspeed)
>
> How are non-linear scales going to be handled?

Well there are two ways to do it, you give me a formula that I can use to
create a custom CIM based function for you to call, or you can implement
the formula yourself in Lua.

> <Parameter Key="AIRSPEED" Offset="02BC" Size="4" VarType="?" Direction="?" />
>
> How do we find out the VarType for the airspeed FSUIPC data?

It's part of the documentation in FSUIPC and there's also a column that
shows it.  If you look at the screen shot I posted, look at the "Type"
column.

  > So is a read only a Direction="1"

Actually that's the code for write.  You won't ever need to deal with that
though - in fact hand editing the configuration file will only get you
into trouble unless you know exactly what you're changing and what effect
it could have.  The configuration files (there are two - one for the
simulator software configuration and one for the hardware configuration)
are created and maintained by CIM so you don't have to worry about
remembering storage codes, etc.

When I get a chance this week I'm going to post a Camtasia movie of the
application in use so you guys can see what it does.