[simpits-tech] Stall shaker project

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 18:52:26 PST 2008

I took a Force feedback wingman logitech joystick and
removed the shell. I bolted the inside FF frame to the
rudder pedal and pulled the wires to the pots from the
board to keep the pots from interfering with my
primary pots. I taped several bolts to the end of the
joystick shaft to give it ssome weight and now I get a
nice stall shake effect. the joystick's centering
effect is turned off to make the motors last.
It works though I dont think its quite as strong as a
real shaker. I think a second stick mounted on the
right pedal will give it plenty of force. If you have
your feet on the pedals there is no question when the
shaker is engaged and I love it.

This is an easy, cheap way to get a stall shaker with
no code writing, real shakers, or special boards.

Justin

 Aviation Videos
        http://HeritageAviationVideos.fly.to/

  DC-8 Simulator