[simpits-tech] Question for Gene

Simon Bennett servantofcthulhu at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:47:22 PST 2008

I've had an F-15 radar panel lightplate sitting around for a while. It's identical to the one in the cockpit diagram scanned from the manual on Gene's website. I'd kind of like to use it in a sim someday. The thing is, it has a little gold connector on the back for 5vdc power, it looks sort of like a mini RCA jack. I gotta ask, Gene where the heck can I find something that will mate with this?

I'm also kind of curious about the actual operation of the panel. Some of the switches are self-explanatory, like RANGE, EL SCAN, AZ SCAN, POWER (but what does the EMERG position do?) What the heck is FRAME STORE and how does the MODE CONTR switch function?