[simpits-tech] USB Sound cards

Freeman Pascal pascal at pascal.org
Tue Dec 16 10:32:18 PST 2008

On Dec 16, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Gene Buckle wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Ido Dekkers wrote:
>
>> are they sharable ?
>>

> I dunno.  Hey Freeman!  Can I pass on those CAD drawings? :)
>
> g.

I don't see why not.  I meant them to be shared.  The original
drawings came from a web site that said they could be shared.  I can
find the original site if you want to make appropriate attributions.

The original drawing was meant to be one whole piece representing a
complete full-size instrument panel.  My drawings, derived from them,
are the pilot position to just past the radio stack.  I'm short of
room here and I wanted my first pit to be a bit more modest.  One day
I'll have a converted or built from scratch C172 airframe, but not for
a while.

My drawings also inserted a piece between the instrument cluster and
the switch panel.  Since I was figuring on using LCDs for my initial
attempt I needed to shift the yoke assembly down below the mounting of
the LCD screens.

I have some CAD mockups if anyone is interested.

-Freeman