[simpits-tech] USB Sound cards

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Fri Dec 12 09:51:09 PST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Gene Buckle wrote:

> >> Roy, how many times have I told you to quit huffing paint fumes? :)
> >
> > Awww c'mon... it's one of the very few pleasures I have left !
> >
> ...but you're surrounded by cool aircraft bits!

People have this misconception that restoring old aircraft is a really
cool thing to do. What they don't see are the hours rivetting, cleaning,
and painting in freezing weather and getting covered in crap. Not to
mention the skinned knuckles, aching back and unhappy wife!

It's not all cool y'know.

My fave project at the moment though is our 1963 bomb tractor. She came
from USAF Burtonwood here in NW England and sports a straight-six Chrysler
engine and bodywork that's never less than 0.5" thick. Top speed is
measured in inches per hour but she'll climb up the side of a house :-)

I can't wait for more time to lavish her with more TLC.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk