[simpits-tech] New pics...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Dec 10 15:49:33 PST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Brian Sikkema wrote:

> Very cool, Gene.
>
> Looks much bigger with someone in it!

It's very "cozy" with the canopy closed.

I was in it last night after I installed the instrument panel.  I wanted
to make sure the reach was correct (it was).  I got to looking around with
the canopy closed and it would suck hard to try to eyeball the guy on your
six in the real thing.

I'm kind of bothered with the installation process for the instrument
panel.  Right now you've got to bow it a lot to get it into place.  I'm
wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to split the panel in half.  It
would make installation a LOT easier.  The only problem would be the loss
of about .75" along the panel centerline for the seam.  (that's about the
minimum space required for two rows of #6 screws and a .75" wide backing
plate)

More to think about I guess.  I've got some new cutters coming in this
week so I'll be able to experiment with the panels a bit.