[simpits-tech] New pics...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Dec 10 07:41:01 PST 2008

(this was posted around to a couple of forums as well)

I finally had a chance to pull these off my camera last night...

Opening the canopy...

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/sizing_gene-3.png

You just HAVE to wear a helmet?  Use a lower seat. :D

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/sizing_gene-1.png

'sup, dudes?

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/sizing_gene-4.png

Rob, my official sanity checker:

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/sizing_rob-1.png

Test fit of all the instrument panel components:

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/instrument_panel_installed-1.png

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/instrument_panel_installed-3.png

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/instrument_panel_installed-4.png

The view behind the panel.

http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/misc/instrument_panel_installed-5.png

I will be providing the CAD files for the instrument panels so you guys
can design the panel exactly how you want it.  I may also offer a panel
cutting service using 1/8" tempered hardboard.

The panel installation procedure is kind of odd.  You need to put the
forward panel support arch in place (not bolted down - you rest it against
the forward face of the windscreen), then bend the panel a bit to get it
into place, THEN you install the arch where it's supposed to go (5.50"
ahead of the windscreen face) and then attach the panel to the arch and
the upper portion of the left & right fuselage ribs.

Questions?  Comments?  Rotten tomatoes? :)