[simpits-tech] Circuit Breakers

Joseph Fagner crease-guard at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 4 10:06:25 PST 2008

Probably milliseconds would be fine.

What do I have to protect?....My home.  A fire from a shorted wire I can't
see or notice right away when current is sinking to the chassis is my worry.
The insulation catches fire and spreads and a fun hobby turns into disaster.

Simulated or not, it's good practice to use protection in any chassis
circuitry.  Small shorts, can cause big problems.just ask the astronauts of
Apollo 1 (of course, you'll need a Ouija board :-))  I'm more concerned with
big shorts.

Jay

Show me a man who cannot be bothered to do the little things, and I will
show you a man who cannot be trusted to do the big ones.

--Lawrence Bell, Founder Bell Hellicopter

  _____