[simpits-tech] New demo...

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 15:49:36 PDT 2008

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > Looking pretty good there gene !
> >
> Thanks.  I've got a dial face done that is similar to the one used in the
> Cessna 172, so I'll try to get a demo done for that soon.

the "real thing" always looks better. Don't know about you but after all
these years, whenever I get a light to go on/off or a servo to move under
software control I can't help but smile :-)

> I blew three channels on the DAC board on Saturday when I inadvertantly
> shorted out the board on a bit of metal that was on my desk. :(

Easily done - almost fired up a board sitting on a conductive anti-static
bag the other day - oops.

> For that video I never set the "damping" feature of the gauge via the
> device controller so it "Ticks" a bit when moving around.  That should be
> easy to clear up.

You can spend a lot of time giving instruments a personality to match the
physical characteristics of the real thing. Quite good fun though !

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk