[simpits-tech] LAN flying, yeeha!

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 20:31:10 PDT 2008

We finally did it today, I got both F-4 sims networked and Steve and I flew the sims together for the first time. We took turns playing follow the leader through mountains, what a blast! I must say I really enjoy formation flying.

  One thing was made clear,  the functional motorized pitch trim system in Steve's sim made it much easier for him to fly nice and level in the lead position than I could in my sim which currently has no trim adjustment at all.

  Now we have to get the headsets networked for communication between the sims. My sim was in the hanger with the hanger door open and his sim was in front of the hanger with it's trailer doors open so that would could shout at each other

  "WHATS YOUR SPEED?!!!"

  "500 KNOTS!!!!"

  "What?"

  My throat is sore, but it was worth it though I am glad no one was watching:)

  He has an F-18 sim shell that we are talking about making functional which would be great to network too. Then there is my extra F-4 shell that I need to do something with. Throw in my DC-8 and his 737 cockpit and it could be quite interesting. But then it would really take a large building to house everything in at once:(

  Our next step is to get the F-4 sims online, so if any of you are interested in fs9 flying with two Phantoms let me know.

  Justin