[simpits-tech] F-15 Inflight Emergency Video

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Apr 8 14:48:53 PDT 2008

BTW, for those that haven't seen it, I found a YouTube version of the 3D
animation that was done for the recent mid-air break up of an F-15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R7BWrqmgac

> Oops...  forgot the rest of it..
>
> 0061 c/n 0247/A213.  (110 FS, 131 FW) suffered engine fire, landed 100 knots
> too fast at Whiteman AFB, MO and ran off runway Nov 9 1995. w/o May 1, 1996.

O.M.F.G.

You know why that video is now officially REALLY FREAKING cool?

Because it very likely shows the last moments of the aircraft that donated
it's HUD, MPCD, TEWS and VSD to my project.  That is so fscking insanely
cool I can hardly stand it. :)

It was my understanding that the parts came from a jet that was wrecked in
1995, but I never researched it much after that.  After checking my list
of written off airframes, I noticed that the only accident in the general
time frame (1995, early 1996) that a) involved a fire and b) didn't result
in the total destruction of the airframe was 76-0061.

I can't prove it 100%, but the dates and damage sure do make it highly
reasonable.  I'll see if I can get a copy of the accident report for that
one - it should include pictures of the airframe post-crash.  If it
matches the pictures I have of the donor wreck, yipee! :)

Thanks Ed!