[simpits-tech] F-4J update

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 07:51:08 PDT 2007

Its alive! We test flew it yesterday. I have some
simkits in the instrument panel. Having a powered USB
hub and a fast computer make the Simkits move
smoothly, no one will have a clue they use servo
motors! I just wish they could interfaced to Falcon.
The working altimeter really looks good.

Yesterday I got the landing gear handle, flaps,
parachute handle, wing fold switch, and speed brakes
switch working with the Plasma lite and programed with
FSUIPC. It works solid as a  rock. had some issues
with Plasma but Leo quickly got me pointed in the
right direction, I had to make sure the ground and vcc
for the pots had good connections.

its funny how fast a line of people formed to get in
the sim once they figured out it is now flying! :) I
had to kick them out so that  I could go get something
eat!

Now I am on track to take it to the Alliance Ft. Worth
airshow and PhanCon next month. Anyone here going to
be at the show again this year?

Justin