[simpits-tech] Wiring harness layout Part 2

Ben Jones bjones at pipecomp.com.au
Thu Sep 20 05:12:46 PDT 2007

Gene,

Another professional trick to help the simpits community along.

When constructing the harness to get a nice round loom, divide all the known
cable runs in to lengths ,

ie short, medium and long.

Start with laying some short runs on the board at either end as to spread
the small runs out over the whole loom,
but only lay half of the short lengths.

Then divide the medium lengths in half , lay half of the mid cables around
at either end.

now lay in all  the big long cable runs from front to rear

Then lay remainder of mid lenth cables

then run remainder of short runs.

In a roundabaout kinda wierd way i have just described how to get the loom
down to the smallest diameter , by not overlapping to many cables in the
loom,

Hope this helps,  i think i'm going to have to do a mockup harness and take
some pics to explain my dribble.
I'd take some pics of a RV4 harness ( loom) i've been asked to do but its
about 6 months away untill the guy can muster the money to pay me and buy
all the avionics for the beast.

And i'm about 10 years away from wiring my aircraft 8-(

regards

Ben