[simpits-tech] F-15 site update...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Oct 2 18:52:40 PDT 2007

>>> LOL!!   hate to tell you this, but that image came very readily to mind!
>>> Not sure if it was my shop or yours though ;-)
>>>
>> I'm nearly tempted to try it. :)
>
> only tempted?

Cleaning mashed crayon out of a $40 collet isn't my idea of fun. :)

>> Now that is a neat looking little airplane.  What is it?  Where is it
>> sitting at?
>
> That is the last remaining Percival Prince. Rumoured to have been flown by
> Douglas Bader when he was chief pilot for Shell Oil.  The photo was taken
> at Caernarfon - before we took it away :-)

Now that is pretty damn cool!  Did the elevator show up or was it stolen?

>> Does everyone in the UK ware those odd little yellow vests
>> with the silver stripes? :)
>
> Heh... the hi-vis vests are essential at airfields - you would literally
> get hauled away by the heavy-gang if spotted airside without one!

Ware?  WARE?!  My god, my fingers are dain bramaged.  *sobs*

They should make the airplanes wear them, not the people.  Ever see an
airplane dodge a pedestrian? :)

>> It would make a great scale subject for an RC model though.
>
> She's a very pretty airplane - can't wait to get my hands dirty restoring
> her. It'll be a while yet, we're still putting the Britannia together.

I'm shocked that they left the last remaining example of a type sitting
outside in the weather.  You'd better not leave it outside either!