[simpits-tech] Slobberin' Wolfhounds

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue May 8 07:28:02 PDT 2007

> I'm just wondering, though, it says the pilot was
> killed in a later crash attributed to "OBE." What
> exactly is that? I've not seen that acronym before.

OBE is Overcome By Events.  From the context I've seen it used in other
places, it basically means the jet got away from him and it killed him for
his trouble.  AFAIK, OBE was also the finding for the loss of '007, but I
don't have the official conclusion from the accident report.

The accident report I got from Wright-Pat (could've been Warner-Robbins)
made no mention of WHY the accident happened - that is protected under
privacy laws.  The finding of fact in the report however, showed no
pre-crash mechanical failures in the aircraft.  That by itself screams
"pilot error" or OBE.

Always strive to stay one step ahead of the aircraft.  If you get behind,
it will likely be in a situation where you won't have the opportunity to
catch up before you're turned into Pilot Pate'.

Remeber, even a J3 can just barely kill you.

g.

-- "I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"