[simpits-tech] Beta Innovations Nitro Analog board

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Sat Jun 2 08:20:53 PDT 2007

>David, have those been rebuilt using Leo's air-core motor assemblies?

Hi Gene
No, I converted all of the ones in image "Analog.JPG" to operate with
0 to 5vdc. The nice thing about Leo's Nitro board is that each of the
8 DAC channel's has the following connections:

Gnd
DAC out 0 to 5v @ 12 bit resolution
+ 5vdc
+ 12vdc

So you can build circuits inside the instrument that need power and
use a single connector to the Nitro.
This is very cool because you can build the interface cables that
have all four connections and only vary in length, then only use the
connections inside the instrument that you need to power the instrument.

For example the yaw damper required the 0 to 5vdc.to be converted to
a plus or minus voltage to drive the meter movement right or left of
the center off position.

I will need a second Nitro Board and I will be using air core motors
for some other instruments, that could not be converted to 0 to 5vdc.

David
www.737FlightSim.com