[simpits-tech] 4 way switches

Inventmd at aol.com Inventmd at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 06:32:22 PDT 2007

There are some obviously very talented people in this group with a lot of
information.  Let me throw this out at you all.
As some of you know, we are in the business of making professional grade
grips for the military.  The switches that we deal with are outrageously
expensive.  Specifically, there is the radar cursor switch on the throttle of the F-16
that costs $2000.  Basically, it is a four-way switch that has a push down
button functionality.
The military does not like the radar cursor switch on the cougar throttle
because the spring mechanism is too light (the real one is much stiffer) and the
push down function does not have enough throw (the real one pushes down at
least 2.2 mm).  The real switch is made by Mason -- who charges $7,000 for
quantities of one and $2000 for quantities of 10 -- just for the radar cursor switch
alone.
Here is the question: does anyone know where to get a reasonable facsimile of
this switch or have any idea how to build one or have any idea how to modify
existing switches to get the desired feel that we need?
The next most difficult switch is the Radar range on the throttle which has a
rotary potentiometer with a push down function….
The other difficult switches are the small four-way switches such as the
UHF/VHF, CMDS, etc…
If reasonable switch prices were obtainable, it would be a great service to
the Viper pit community as it may bring the realistic flight grip and throttle
for price range that is affordable.
Please send me private e-mail to inventMD at aol.com if you have a solution for
me..
Thanks,