[simpits-tech] Updates...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Jul 12 07:03:22 PDT 2007

> Looks good Gene.  The odometer type displays...Leo may be coming up with a
> solution for that.  We tried looked for small 7segs but really couldn't find
> anything suitable in that size.  I know he's working on a design to
> replicate that odometer type display.

Thanks Jay.

The odometer displays are for sure a pain.  I had found some matrix
displays that would do the job, and I'd sent them to Marv years ago when I
was going to have him build out my main 6 engine instruments.  Problem is,
I can't find him now. :(

The displays I found require a PIC to drive since they're actually a tiny
dot matrix, but the size was nearly perfect for my needs.  Hopefully I can
find the paperwork on them and order more.

g.

-- "I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"