[simpits-tech] OT again - but wow :-)

Simon Bennett servantofcthulhu at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 12:45:06 PST 2007

Nowadays you don't brand an airplane. Traditionally ownership is denoted by
registration numbers and such, which are usually painted on; a red-hot brand
will just damage the paint and might cause sheet metal damage (you can bet
the maintenance personnel would shit a brick if you tried).

They did experiment with such things, back in the barnstorming days when
airplane rustling was a more serious problem than it is in modern times, but
back  then the fragile wood-and-fabric flying machines tended to burst into
flames more often than not, and the procedure was quickly abandoned.

P.S. Roy, which one are you working on? Is it G-ANCF?