[simpits-tech] RC Piloting at its best and a new toy!

KD chevello at rcn.com
Thu Jan 18 19:05:32 PST 2007

This is pretty cool stuff.
http://www.therawfeed.com/2006/09/vr-gear-makes-rc-airplane-coolest-toy.html
http://www.kahsoon.com/2006/09/26/vr-gear-rc-plane-awesome/
http://www.rc-tech.ch/web/
Next thing you know, people will be actually getting INSIDE aircraft and
flying them BY HAND!

Can you imagine?

On a better note, I'm catching up to Gene. Today at work I got "my very
own" F/A-18A cockpit. Took me about 3 minutes after it was off the truck
to get the wrench and get the canopy open. "Mine" is complete except for
the nose gear and refueling probe. Oh, and the Gatling gun :(.  They
sawed it apart right aft of the canopy hinge.  It's even still got
hydraulic oil and maybe a little fuel leaking out of it. So if any of
you guys need any F-18A dimensions, let me know. I'll get whatever I
can. Possibility of pictures soon, but they are all wound up about
security at work right now, so I might only be able to get dimensions,
no pics. I'm not sure why all the security, it was shipped on an open
trailer (through the Midwest storms, with the canopy not completely
closed, so there is about 2 inches of ice on the cockpit floor). I was
last flown by "Maj. Colin 'FACE'" And is the 98th 18A built. Interesting
stuff. It has Been in storage at AMARC since '96.  the BuNo is 161742,
but I don't have any pics of the whole plane, so I don't know the tail
number.

Neener neener