[simpits-tech] It's funny, laugh!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Feb 28 07:56:27 PST 2007

An old southern country preacher form Georgia had a teenage son named
David (AKA Rosebud) and it was getting time the boy should give some
thought to choosing a profession. Like many young men, the boy didn't
really know what he wanted to do, and he didn't seem too concerned about
it.

One day, while the boy was away at school, his father decided to try an
experiment. He went into the boy's room and placed on his study table four
objects:

-   a Bible,
-   a silver dollar,
-   a bottle of whisky and
-   a Playboy magazine

I'll just hide behind the door," the old preacher said to himself, "and
when he comes home from school this afternoon, I'll see which object he
picks up. If it's the Bible, he's going to be a preacher like me, and what
a blessing that would be! If he picks up the dollar, he's going to be a
businessman, and that would be OK, But if picks up the bottle, he's going
to be a no-good drunkard, and, Lord, what a shame that would be.  And
worst of all, if he picks up that magazine he's gonna be a skirt-chasin'
bum."

The old man waited anxiously, and soon heard his son's footsteps as he
entered the house whistling and headed for his room. The boy tossed his
books on the bed, and as he turned to leave the room he spotted the
objects on the table. With curiosity in his eye, he walked over to inspect
them.

Finally, he picked up the Bible and placed it under his arm. He picked up
the silver dollar and dropped it into his pocket. He uncorked the bottle
and took a big drink while he admired this month's Centerfold.

"Lord have mercy," the old preacher disgustedly whispered, "He's gonna be
a fighter pilot!"

:)

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"