[simpits-tech] Circuit question - plus another for Gene

Joseph Fagner crease-guard at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 2 19:07:16 PST 2007

I would say your best bet would be to program a simple PIC to do this job.
You simply need one analog input line and 7 output lines.  Your code could
be adjusted so that you get whatever linear or non linear behavior you
desire.

Or, you might be able to use an 8 bit Analog to Digital chip and simply move
the pot, find which of the 8 bits goes high and use that to drive the LED.
Now, you could only use each bit once, so depending on your pot placement
would determine if you could find each bit uniquely high at each point along
the slider.  Might work in theory.

Now, a disclaimer...I understand how PICs work...but I have no clue how to
program them.

Jay