[simpits-tech] Web site registeration issue using F16 plane name

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Sat Aug 4 19:24:48 PDT 2007

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 kevin at simdeck.com wrote:

Given that the F16 is hardly new kit, it sounds a little fishy to me.
Especially since the domain isn't in use as a website offering things they
may have found competitive.

Something doesn't ring true.

Incidentally, a similat thing happened to me a few years back wrt a web
page I had for a freeware program I'd written called "IChat". A company
threatened me with all manner of nasty legal things if I didn't change the
name because they too had a product with that name.

When I checked the (c) dates, mine was older - so I told em to go screw
themselves. They did.

If nothing else, I'd check the credentials of the people threatening you
before doing anything else.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.