[simpits-tech] SimKits

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Sat Apr 14 02:12:09 PDT 2007

I *love* simkits' "multi-controller"... I have been playing around
with a "ball" type ADI, ASI, flap gauge and trim gauge... some for
the TA-4 Sim, others, well, coz I can :)

Only thing that bugs me about them is that if you stop the software,
then re-start it the gauges dont work.  You need to disconnect the
USB, then re-connect it before it all fires up ok.. Which is normally
fine, but a real pain when you are experimenting (read "playing")
with the board, and software.
Shame there is no SDK for the multi-controller, only for the CCU
(which I am not planning on getting, as all the functions I need for
the Skyhawk can be handled by the multi-controller)
Be nice if we could talk to it directly and not rely on the TRC software...

You know its not that long ago that working gauges in a sim was like
the holy grail, yet now it is so totally achievable.  I am having a
ball making gauges, to the point where I think I have all the servos
out of all my old RC gliders and racecars :)

SeanG