[simpits-tech] Hey JollyRoger - size reference

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Tue Sep 19 17:43:06 PDT 2006

Not to mention you can fly Mercury with just one person no problem. ;)

I'm hoping to have an operator station as part of my sim, so if someone else wants to come over and play, they can sit outside and be sadistic and create failures for me, and then we swap out and I do the same. ;)

But of course for solo flying I'm working on a new failure system for mercury that would make everything programmable as well. What I'm hoping to have eventually (though not in the next version, most likely) is the ability to set the system you want to fail, and at what time you want it to fail - OR, a random time within a certain timeframe. You could also, of course, have multiple failures.

Once I get the system set up I can think of dozens, if not hundreds of failures that could be simulated. It will make flying VERY interesting. :)

This is what I love about Orbiter. The API is SO open, you can do ANYTHING. Much less restrictive than what some people have to work around for their sim of choice. And being the developer of the Mercury addon now has it's distinct advantages, as when I start building my sim I have the codebase ready to start updating for simpit use. :)

Anyway I'm in the process of organizing my documentation, once I have it done I'll be posting the link here. To the best of my knowledge it will be the largest single-site repository of Mercury documents, diagrams and images, so you will have plenty to work with!

Brian