[simpits-tech] driving real instruments..

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 17 19:21:15 PDT 2006

Will do.  I'll post up here on the list to guage interest and then go from
there.

I'm still up in the air whether or not I'm going to try to drive the simple
needle gauges as they are built or just gut the insides and put air core
drivers in them.  I'm going to use Leo's (Beta Innovations) toys to drive my
entire pit (plus whatever little goodies Mike cooks up) and he has support
for air core meters using a simple DAC in between.  His solution is so
bloody simple, I just can't see why not to do it.  I've invested in a TAIG
CNC mill, so I can now make my own custom goodies.  A lathe is also in the
future.

For the fuel flow, altimeter, etc... and the big daddy of all...HSI, the DTS
project could get me to an all analog pit.

Jay