[simpits-tech] Using Real Instruments

Chris Crowley ccrowley at mccrowley.com
Sat Sep 16 09:44:18 PDT 2006

Variable speed control of your motors. Low end torque down to fairly low
RPMs. Good for threading if you don't want to do it with a handwheel. Cuts
down on need to change belt positions.

Usually involves a single to three phase converter with a 220 AC motor. They
have some that convert 110 to 220 as well.

That what I know. Haven't converted my Lathe yet been busy building other
stuff.