[simpits-tech] My Sea Hawk

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 12:34:37 PDT 2006

I do apologise for the cross-posting but... well live with it ;-)

Some of you may be aware that one of my many projects has been the
restoration of a 1954 Hawker Sea Hawk cockpit from aircraft WV838.

Built in 1954, she only flew about 200 hours before crashing in 1959 and
being written off. After 40+ years in a ditch, I finally acquired the poor
thing and set to work.

During her time in the ditch she has been shot at, burned, vandalised and
had all her instruments and panels stolen. Not a pretty sight.

Anyway... after over three years of parts hunting, welding, rivetting,
filling and sanding - she's now back in paint again.

Although originally intended to be a simulator, this is too rare an
aircraft to butcher. I will however be restoring power to the aircraft
instruments over time, with some simulated inputs to make it a bit more
interesting.

See http://wv838.com for details, and please do leave comments in the old
guestbook!

Cheers,