[simpits-tech] Mercury and other capsules

jollyroger1650 at bellsouth.net jollyroger1650 at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 8 02:20:52 PDT 2006

That is AWESOME that you are doing this as well.  VERY cool.  I would love to see some of your docs!  Let me ask you this.  I am thinking real basic outside.  So well, to start out with I would cut a plywood circle.  Not sure of the diameter yet though.  Then basically cut 2x2's at the correct angle for the bulkhead.  Then cover with some 1/8 paneling.  Not sure how I would do the groves around the sides though.  But the hatch, well once I hade all the 2x2's covered, so basically having a cone at this point, cut a large hatch out.  I dunno, that is where I am as far as the thinking process