[simpits-tech] Overhead shot..

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Sep 3 21:04:01 PDT 2006

Marc Quintin wrote:
> Man, did you take that picture from an air balloon or blimp ? You have a
> nice lot btw, I envy you
>
> Marc..

Marc, the picture was taken with this plane:
http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/slow_stik.jpg

It's got a Park 400 brushless motor in it - I can hold it straight up,
hit full throttle and it will fly straight up out of my hand.  This was
also the first flight of a telemetry system I got from Eagle Tree
Systems - that picture was taken somewhere between 800 and 1000 feet.

The camera is an ultra-cheapie with little circuit in it that allows me
to hook it right up to the receiver to trigger pictures.  That part
never has worked right for some reason.  It just takes pics as fast as
it can until the 128MB SD card is full.

The lot is only 1.10 acres and I'm surrounded by two sides by wetlands
that caused me no end of grief during the permit process for the shop.
The house in Fife had a much smaller shop (42x24x9), but I had two acres
to fly in with no encroaching neighborhoods.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"