[simpits-tech] FSX and 2 D views

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Sat Sep 2 23:50:48 PDT 2006

At 04:44 a.m. 2/09/2006, you wrote:
>>Here you go Gene.  Seems they redid the camera views?
>
>John, it appears to me that what they're doing shouldn't have any
>effect on the cockpit builder crowd, it's strictly a 2D overlay view
>issue from what I can tell.

The way that FS-X handles 2d panels has changed, but the old view
"modes" appear to be in there, just buried in menus, with more view options...

We've had the FS-X (dodgy alpha release garbage..) "demo" running
with a triplehead2go and it works just like FS9 does, although there
is something a little weird about the zoom ratios or something, at
least it appears to be, but who knows.

BTW Triplehead2go:  BUY ONE!  They rock!  One of the best bits of my
job is getting to play with cool stuff, and TH2GO is way up there in
"coolness".  I plan on using one in my TA-4 sim, probably driving 3
big LCD screens, with matching ridiculous sized fresnel lenses.  I'd
say that this thing is the single biggest leap in visuals for a sim
builder in ages.  No multi-pc setup using wideview or similar, just 1
PC with a good vid card, and you can achieve stellar results!  TH2GO
+ 3 projectors = very VERY big smile <lol>

SeanG