[simpits-tech] Shop has finally started!

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 16:05:07 PDT 2006

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > I'd best not mention our resin, aluminium and stainless steel stereo
> > lithography toys then  :-p
> >
> *sobs*  Ok, you win.
>
> Waitaminute.  You can create _STEEL_ parts with a STL machine?  Boy,
> talk about Spitfire In A Box. :)

Yeah.. it got me thinking like that too !

I've not seen any of the stainless parts yet but the alloy ones are pretty
darned good. Ideal when you've a damaged 'something' made of unobtanium...
you can 3D scan it, correct the scan in ProEngineer etc and then make a
new one :-)

So many toys - so little time !

Roy.

--