[simpits-tech] Nasty Rumors

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Oct 30 08:49:09 PST 2006

> I heard a nasty rumor that Gene's new shop has entered the 20th century
> with ELECRICITY!
Shhh!  The damn inspector will hear you! :)

> Next thing, the crazy guy will be putting an F-15 in there or something....
> He'll be ready for the JP4 aromatherapy candles next.

JP4 aromatherapy?  Now that's an angle I hadn't thought of.  *ponders*

> No more excuses now, buddy. :D

Oh, I've got plenty of excuses.  *grin*

I purchased a used rolling stair from a local place called The Rusty Rack
Guys (http://www.rustyrackguys.com).  It's a 9 step unit - the same they
use at Home Depot.  In fact, the one I bought was a refurb FROM Home
Depot.  Anyway, you try doing wiring 8 feet off the floor while suffering
near constant vertigo.  It royally sucks. :)  Fortunately Rob was able to
handle mounting the fixtures and conduit for me.  I've got two fixtures
left to wire and the lighting will be done.

The down side to all this is the electrical inspection.  When the panel
inspection was done, he told Rob that if I had any questions, I could call
him.  I call him and he flatly refused to answer any of my questions!
Everything I asked, the reply was "I can't answer engineering questions."
WTF?!  $175 in books later, I had the answers that I needed.  As a result
of THAT little expenditure, I'm armed with a 2005 National Electric Code
book.  If he rejects any of my wiring, I'm going to hand him the book and
a highlighter and tell him to prove it.

KD, I got as far as printing the PDF file for the measurements you need.
I won't be able to provide any dimensions that involve the ejection seat
as a) the one I have is a "sort-of" scale plywood model and b) I can't get
to it right now - it's in the back end of the shipping container with all
the rest of my tools & gear.

The drawing you've done of the ACES II looks a bit off - the bottom front
side profile looks more like the F-16 version than the A-10/F-15 version.
If you google for Kevin Coyne or "ejection site" you can get some great
reference photos of the F-15 ACES II seat.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of 80-0007