[simpits-tech] Go pound Sand, whippersnappers!

Alan D. Mazurka adm.design at verizon.net
Thu Oct 26 11:19:27 PDT 2006

At 11:42 PM 10/24/2006, you wrote:
>In August of 2001 Rob & I went to the airshow at McChord-AFB because the
>Oregon ANG F-15Cs were going to be there.  I needed more research photos
>of the cockpit.  I was told in no uncertain terms would I be allowed to
>take a picture of the cockpit

my cousins lived at the Underwater Sound Lab in Conneticut. Submarines
passed by like trains did in my old neighborhood.

i remember seeing the "Triton" - the largest sub of its time - at a dock,
scheduled for tear-down. my dad was going to take a picture of the boat
when the single person standing on deck waved a "no". the sub was un-manned
except for this sailor (presumably whose job was to stop dads from taking
pictures).

this was a sub that was virtually retired. any fool on a boat with a
telephoto lens could have had a field day  taking pictures just out in the
river.

soooooo, i guess that kind of thinking is pretty pervasive.

  - adm -

Alan D.
Mazurka
adm.design at verizon.net