[simpits-tech] My F-22 experience

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 14:10:50 PDT 2006

I just got back from Tyndall AFB today from videoing
QF-4 Phantoms ( 50+ of them are there in flying
condition). At one time I was on the main flightline
with Phantoms as they started their engines. Lots of
F-22s began to taxi by so close I could have reached
out and touched the wing of everyone of them. I have
the F-22, F-15, and F-4 -three generations of
fighters- all engines on and operating at a base at
once (operationally, not at an airshow) and they are
positioned where I can video them in the same frame,
some are only a couple of feet apart! The order is
then given to point our cameras at the ground
:( They were very determined no F-22 be photographed
on the base. The security was very high with security
cameras pointing everywhere. The visiting German
Tornados were off limits for us too.

So I have nothing of the F-22 but it was an awesome
personal experiance. Then two Phantoms put on a
private air show just for us :) I was happy!
Justin

 Douglas DC-8
  www.dc8cockpit.catisp.com
        See a free video preview at