[simpits-tech] NASA Sim Flight

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Thu Oct 12 22:40:33 PDT 2006

A lot of the guys in the MV (military vehicle) crowd I am part of run it. A lot of military vehicles have what are known as multifuel engines, which have a fuel density compensator as well as some other nifty design features that allow them to run on honestly damn near anything. They work best on diesel but they will take gas, oil, used cooking oil, etc etc etc.

A lot of guys will run either a 25/75 or even up to 50/50 mix of diesel and used motor oil (filtered, of course), or a mix of diesel and filtered used cooking oil, which in some places can be had for free from restaurants that would otherwise have to pay to get it carted off.