[simpits-tech] Simpits got whacked....

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Nov 23 11:50:00 PST 2006

You're not all going crazy.  Simpits has been off the air for a few days.

There was a brown-out double-tap that happened when some hapless drunk
smacked into a power pole down the street.

As a result of this massive power flux, something got past the UPS and
partially scrambled the two main drives in the simpits.org machine as well
has the CD-ROM drive.

The good news is that I've finally got the mailing list back online.
That's the reason for all the test messages that you're seeing.  Sorry
about that!

The bad news is that I haven't had time to get the website up and working
100% yet.  I'll work on it as I have time and am feeling up to it.  (wife
got me sick. *sigh*)

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"