[simpits-tech] Problem update & shop news...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Nov 16 09:28:15 PST 2006

> Lord knows Gene has the tooling there to make a lot of things for the
> Merc that I'm not sure how else I would do!

*Huge Grin*

> Speaking of which... Hey Gene, got any more details on that foam cutter
> of yours? What kind of shapes can it do? *whistles innocently*

The foam cutter is basically only good for cutting wings & some fuselage
cores.

For any serious 3D work, I'll use the ShopBot.  The Z axis travel is 6"
which is plenty for just about any project I can think of.  If I need to
make a single 3D part that is thicker than 6", I can always turn the model
into 6" slices using Rhino.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"