[simpits-tech] Problem update & shop news...

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Thu Nov 16 17:21:39 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Gene Buckle wrote:

> It can be, but it won't give you "realistic" results like doing the
> cut/paint/engrave process will.  In the days before laser engraving became
> practical, the panels were silk-screened in a multi-pass process.
> Mechanical engraving may not give you the result you like either.  I'd
> strongly suggest talking to your laser folks about doing the engraving
> work for you.

The problem here though is that with our engineering dept being demolished
to make way for a new building, our laser lab has been dismantled and I'm
not sure what facilities they have managed to move to their temporary
home.

I'm not looking for a panel that would pass as a perfect copy of say a
boeing or airbus panel, I just want them lit ;-)

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk