[simpits-tech] Problem update & shop news...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Nov 16 07:03:16 PST 2006

> Please do tell me more... and what are "type 5 & 7" panels ??

A Type 5 panel is an edge-lit panel that has been pocketed in the back and
has a 1/32" single sided PCB attached with grain of rice light bulbs
attached to it.  A Type 7 is basically the same thing but uses LEDs
instead.  AFAIK the Type 6 uses a custom built EL mask.

With the Mini-24 I'll be able to cut a 1/4" acrylic sheet into the correct
size & shape, including holes for a panel.  From there it would go to the
ShopBot for reverse pocketing and to cut the perimeter and any interior
shoulders to support the PCB.  I'd then cut the PCB stock to size on the
SB and then cut the circuit traces in it and drill any needed mounting
holes.

Works great in theory.  :)  The ShopBot hasn't shipped yet - the machine
they use to make their cable guides is broken, so the machine was delayed.
I'm hoping it will ship out tomorrow.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"