[simpits-tech] C182 / Spitfire - any interest?

alex alex at flyinglow.ca
Thu Jun 8 10:00:30 PDT 2006

Hi guys - it has been way too long, but life (a failed business attempt and now a pending move to provide a better education for our kids) has taken it's toll on my simulator hobby.

I have branched into control line aircraft, and built (but not yet had the nerve to fly) my first R/C plane (a really small 0.049 powered little bird).

I haven't flown or done anything serious with either of my pits in about 4 years. Last year, the PC's that ran the 182 failed and I haven't had time to repair them. Now that we are planning on moving to a quite possibly smaller house, the reality is that one or both may have to find a better home. If anyone is interested, drop me a line (I'm not quite ready to give them away, but will consider any serious offers). For pics of the pits check out:

http://www.flyinglow.ca/pics

The 182 has working airspeed, artificial horizon and rate of climb instruments. They are driven by hobby servos and controlled by 2 SSC's. The software was written using an old VS C++ compiler and ran on a Win98 box. (It's available at http://www.flyinglow.ca/software - nothing fancy, but it worked).

Also, I have an ASK 800x600 TFT flat panel, overhead projector and screen I'd be open to offers on. The panel works great - except it's connected to an old AT power supply that should be replaced (the original power supply fell victim to a failed sump pump 5 / 6 years ago). We used the project setup a couple months ago to watch a DVD off my laptop. (Gene - are you still using yours? or did you upgrade to a compact LCD projector?)

Alex
http://www.flyinglow.ca